My experience at Privé Salon Orlando | Muted Muse Mag

   
   After the worst blonding experience with a previous hairstylist, I refused to let another stylist touch my hair. Over the course of a year, my roots grew in leaving a sharp contrast between my natural color and the rest of my pale-yellow hair. I grew so tired of my hair that I began watching hair dyeing tutorials on YouTube in hopes of somehow fixing this yellow mane. I knew that doing this myself was far too risky and I didn't want to make matters worse. With that being said, I turned to Google and came across a few salons, but one in particular stood out.


A collage of photographs that include a photo of me under the hair dryer at the hair salon and a photograph of a cappuccino and magazine that was offered to me at the salon.

You can find them here: @Privesalon_orlando


    In all of my search, Privé Salon Orlando was the most socially active salon I had come across. They frequently post pictures and videos on Instagram which allowed me to see what they were really about. Through the pictures and the videos I was able to see some amazing hair transformations. I also discovered that they have hair stylists that specialize in cutting and styling curly hair which was a HUGE plus for me being that I have curly hair.

    So, what did I do? Gave them a follow and stalked them for months. In March of this year, I finally felt ready to let someone work on my hair; so, I called and scheduled an appointment. The receptionist that I spoke with kindly answered all of my questions and was very informative. As the day of my appointment approached I received a text message from the salon reminding me of my appointment, and asking me to confirm my attendance which was really neat. When the day of my appointment came I checked in at the front desk and within seconds I was being assisted. Shortly after, I was given a salon gown and guided to my colorist's chair. I was highly impressed with how prompt and smooth my check in experience was.

    A few minutes later my colorist approaches me, introduces herself, and begins the consultation. Gabriela was very thorough and listened closely to my hair wishes. She asked to see a reference picture of my desired hair color and gave me her suggestions on how to achieve just that. My main concern was my budget, but she worked with me and made sure that I was fine with the estimated price before starting to work on my hair. If that's not a perfect example of how consultations should go, I don't know what is.

A photograph of me laying back on the salon chair, getting my hair washed and watching a fashion show that was on TV.




    As Gabriela worked on my hair, she made great conversation and was very attentive. She guided me to the drying area, walked me to the wash area, and checked in on me frequently. She also asked to see the reference picture several times and offered me something to drink (talk about an amazing customer experience). What I really love about this salon is that whoever you are booked with takes care of you and only you. I've been to many salons that have one stylist work on multiple people, and if you've been to one of those you'll know that they're not fun, and are very time-consuming. 


    While washing my hair, Gabriela informed me on the products she was using. She also shared the benefits of each product with me, and took the time to teach me how to properly style my hair with the products used. This was the first time EVER that a stylist took the texture of my hair into consideration and used products specific to my hair type. Stylists that have worked on my hair in the past, quickly jump right into blow-drying and flat ironing my hair.




    I was at the salon for a total of six hours, and I was taken care of the entire time. After getting my hair styled with the necessary products, my colorist lead me to the stylist who was going to give me my very first deva cut. Prior to getting my haircut the stylist introduced herself and consulted with me about my desired haircut. At the end of it, she thanked me for trusting them with my hair and I'm so glad I did. I definitely look forward to my next hair appointment at Privé Salon Orlando, and I know that it will be an enjoyable one.

Two side by side before and after pictures of my hair. On the left my hair with dark grown out roots and yellow bleached hair and on the right, my dark roots were blended into the rest of my hair which is ash gray.

See more of Gabriela's work: @Gabrielathecolorist

    I was treated so well, and I was so impressed with the professionalism of this salon that I wanted to share my thoughts and honest experience. I definitely recommend Privé Salon Orlando or any salon you have done your research on. If the salon you are interested in visiting has a social media page, check it out and see what they're about. Getting your hair done is an investment. With that being said, you want to make sure that you're investing in a salon that is going to take good care of you and your hair, and give you the results you want not dread. Take it from someone whose been there.  Love, 
                                     Des.

Post a Comment

Instagram

Muted Muse Mag. Theme by STS.