Recent Videos

On The Blog.

keep reading for more on— reviews, beauty, style y mas.

Acne SOS: Your Essential Guide to Clear Skin in 8 Steps

Most times when we're struggling with something we turn to the internet for answers. What we come to find are all kinds of suggestions, and that many suggestions can get overwhelming fast. So instead of giving you another suggestion, I've compiled 8 pieces of advice that I learned throughout my own skincare journey that can help you in yours.


1. Keep your skincare routine simple. Sometimes less is more and too many products can overwhelm you and your skin.

2. Make sure you're using products that address your skin concerns. Using products that target your specific skin concerns help combat them thus improving your skin.

3. Trial and error is how you discover what works for your skin and what doesn't. I PERSONALLY recommend buying good quality, affordable products that address your skin concerns and going from there. When I was dealing with my acne, I almost purchased a subscription but decided to go the affordable route. I built a simple skincare routine with products that targeted my skin concerns. That simple skincare routine under $30 cleared my skin. Expensive doesn't always mean effective.

4. How you use and apply your skincare products matter. For example, are you thoroughly cleansing your skin? and by thoroughly I mean spending more than 10 seconds on washing your face. Are you paying attention to your skin's reaction when you apply a product onto your skin a certain way? Did you see improvement when you applied the product that way? For instance, experimenting with different methods of application helped me discover that my skin preferred one of my serums to be put directly onto my skin rather than mixed in with my moisturizer and then applied to my face.

5. What you do or don't do after the extraction of a blemish is what determines whether that now exposed pore becomes a pimple or not. For this reason I usually extract blackheads or whiteheads right before I cleanse my skin or I apply my Niacinamide 10% and Zinc 1% serum to the area.

6. Be consistent with your skincare routine. Consistency is KEY, the more consistent you are with your routine the more you'll be able to tell if the products in your routine are working or not. When you are not consistent you prolong your results.

7. Don't give up too soon. When incorporating new skincare products into your routine or when trying out new skincare products in general, be consistent with the products and try them out for at least a month. Really give the product a chance and give it time to be effective before making the assumption that it didn't work for you. A lot of times we use a product for a week or two and make the assumption that it didn't work. We have to remind ourselves that results take time. Skincare is like exercise, you have to build a routine and be consistent to see results.

8. Hang in there. When I was dealing with acne I often wondered when my skin would improve. I'm not going to lie, it was hard to look in the mirror some days but I was patient with my skin. I made the choice to focus on taking care of my skin and being consistent until I saw results. Remember, your skin journey is a process and eventually you'll see improvement, your skin will clear, and you'll learn what works best for you.

I hope these 7 pieces of advice put you more at ease. Wishing you all the best in your skincare journey.

Comments

Form for the Contact Page