Recent Videos

On The Blog.

keep reading for more on— reviews, beauty, style y mas.

Denim Dilemma: How to Shop for Perfect Fitting Jeans Every Time

I don’t know about you but finding jeans that fit me right ain't easy!

 In my teenage years when I was a size 3, finding the perfect fit was hard. This was when low rise jeans were practically all you could find in stores. These never worked for me because if I bent down everyone would see, well, you get the point. For that reason I use to HATE shopping for jeans. Not only did I have an issue with the low rise trend, but some jeans that were my size had grab room and just were not it.

 I remember feeling thankful when I would find a pair that fit right which wasn’t too often. Finding jeans that fit well was such a struggle. It was a bigger struggle then than it is now that, only now I’m a lot wiser when it comes to jean shopping.


Here's how you shop for perfect fitting jeans when it's your least favorite thing to do  this goes for clothes shopping in general, lets begin:

Mindset is everything! If you don’t want to take the time to visit several stores and try several pairs of jeans on then you’re not going to find a pair you love. As annoying as it may be, you gotta do it. If you stay determined and take it easy, you’ll come across several pairs of jeans that fit just right and before you know it, you won’t have to shop for jeans in a very LONG time. You will also learn which stores to avoid and which stores sell jeans you love.

Make sure you buy jeans with the rise that makes you feel confident and works for your body type. I only buy mid and high rise jeans, and I absolutely love them. Low rise jeans have always been a big NO for me. They make me feel self-conscious because they slide down on me when sitting and being that my abdomen is pretty long, they sit right under my hips and giving me the good ol' muffin top.

Knowing your size and trying on jeans are very essential when shopping for them. When you find jeans you want to try on, get a pair in your size, a size down, and a size up. This saves you the hassle of going in and out of the dressing room several times. When trying on your jeans make sure they’re not too tight or too loose.

 I use to make the mistake of just picking jeans in my size and assuming they would fit like the perfect pair I already own until I tried them on at home. I thought “maybe when I wash them they’ll look different and fit better” I soon found out that washing them made no difference. They didn’t fit good and that was that. This is how you end up with several pairs of jeans you’ll never even wear. Try on each pair of jeans! Don't go thinking a mom jean is going to fit you the same way a pair of boyfriend jeans will. Don't assume a light wash pair of jeans in the same style is going to fit you the same way in a darker wash. Sometimes light wash fit smaller and dark wash fit bigger, just try 'em on and get it out of the way.

Lastly, if you don’t LOVE the way the jeans fit then put them back on the rack and save your money! As I stated earlier I HATED jean shopping because it was so hard for me to find the perfect fit. I use to settle for jeans that looked “ok” on me because I thought I wasn’t going to find a good pair so I'd give up and buy the "ok" jeans. As a result I would eventually end up giving them away or donating them because the fit just wasn't it.

Let’s recap:

When shopping for jeans your mindset is everything. Take your time and try on several pairs from different stores, you will eventually find a couple pairs of jeans you love. When buying jeans buy them in a rise that makes you feel comfortable and works for your body type. Always try your jeans on even if you often buy jeans from that specific store or its the same pair in a different style/color, and last only buy them if you LOVE the way they fit. Happy jean shopping! May the force be with you.

Comments

Form for the Contact Page