Blessed Protein: A Plant Based Protein Powder ft. the Peanut Butter Cups + Salted Caramel Flavors | Muted Muse Mag



   For some time now, I've been wanting to give Blessed Protein, a subsidiary of EHP Labs, a try. Before Blessed Protein, I had never tried a plant based protein that actually tasted good and didn't bloat or hurt my stomach. One thing that sets Blessed Protein apart from other supplement companies is the range of flavors they offer. Their flavor selections are always appealing and you can always expect them to launch new and appetizing flavors. They don't conform to only providing limited, basic flavors like most supplement companies, instead they're hard at work formulating the next mouthwatering flavor. Currently, Blessed Protein has 9 flavors to choose from with one of the flavors being a limited edition and all of their flavors are naturally flavored. 


   Before I get into the taste of the Peanut Butter Cups and the Salted Caramel flavors, I'd like to mention a few things. First I tried both flavors out with two kinds of plant based milks. One of the two, was a banana milk by the brand Mooala and I'm telling you, if you like bananas in your smoothies or protein shakes, you'll love this banana milk. The second plant based milk was, an unsweetened almond milk by the Almond Breeze brand. I have no idea what any of these protein powders would taste like with water, I personally don't like drinking anything that's in powder form with water, not even hot chocolate. I'm not about that life. Lastly, I recommend using a shaker cup that has measurements to accurately follow the serving directions on the back of the protein powder container. Not measuring things out as directed can affect the taste, too much fluid and you water down the flavor, too much powder and not enough fluid and it'll taste overly concentrated. Now that I got that out of the way, lets get into these two flavors starting with Peanut Butter Cups.


A picture of a Blessed Protein Powder Scoop with the peanut butter cups powder flavor in the scoop


Peanut Butter Cups

     One thing about me, I love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, shout out to The Hershey Company for giving us the chocolate and peanut butter combination we didn't know we needed. So when Blessed Protein introduced the Peanut Butter Cups flavor I definitely wanted to try it out. At the same time, I was on the fence about it because I wasn't sure if the flavor was going to have an even balance of chocolate and peanut butter. I didn't want to buy the protein powder and be disappointed if only tasted like peanut butter or straight up chocolate and not both, but I purchased it anyway and gave it a try. I actually wasn't disappointed at all and this flavor quickly became my favorite. The Peanut Butter Cups flavor tastes like a combination of chocolate and peanut butter. In my opinion, you're able to get a taste of both flavors and they don't overpower each other. 

Salted Caramel

    My go to Starbucks drink is the Salted Caramel Frappuccino, I love that drink. I get that drink so much that I know how to order it when it's no longer in season, shout out to the barista who hooked me up with that info. I think you know where this is going, of course I purchased the OG Salted Caramel flavor. Now let's get into the taste, what does it taste like? in my honest opinion, this flavor tastes like honey graham crackers with a hint of maple syrup. That is as accurate as I can be with the description of this flavor. I didn't really get much of a salty taste but honestly, I did enjoy the taste. Some vegan protein powders taste like v8 even though the flavor on the label says it's salted caramel, chocolate, or vanilla. That's not the case with Blessed Protein, it doesn't taste like a bitter concoction of vegetables and they really try to get as close as possible to the intended flavor.

    The Details

    I was genuinely impressed with how well Blessed Protein pulled this off, it's such clean protein and it doesn't taste gross. Blessed Protein is an all natural, vegan, pea isolate protein that contains 23 grams of protein in every scoop. It also contains all the essential amino acids with only 4 grams of net carbs, and is dairy, soy, and gluten free. You can purchase these plant based protein powders in two serving sizes. A 15 serving size which retails for $34.95, and a 30 serving size that retails for $49.95. They often have sales but on the regular, you can save a couple dollars by purchasing two or more protein powders at checkout. There's also a 3 pack bundle option for both serving sizes which allows you to choose between all the flavors and helps you save between $25 to $30. 

    Blessed Protein can be purchased at Ehplabs.com. I'm definitely going to be trying more flavors, so if you have a go-to Blessed Protein flavor, I'd love to hear about it. 

Love,

                 Des.

Post a Comment

Instagram

Muted Muse Mag. Theme by STS.