My 3 Tried & True Skincare Products From The Ordinary | Muted Muse Mag

  Not only are The Ordinary products essential to my skincare regimen, but I have seen the effectiveness of their products on my skin. This brand is a brand that I genuinely love and support. It is a brand with products that are effective, affordable, and made with clean ingredients. The Ordinary, a Deciem brand, focuses on functional beauty and unlike other beauty brands in the industry, integrity is something that they highly prioritize. For a beauty company to be transparent, good quality, and affordable is rare. 

   I definitely plan on trying more products from The Ordinary, but for now I'm going to share my 3 tried and true products with you. However before I do, I think it's important to note that if you  purchase any of these products, as with any skincare product, do a patch test and wait 24 hours to see how your skin reacts. If you have no reactions you're safe to use the product, do follow the product instructions and visit the website if you're unsure whether you can or cannot use the product(s) in conjunction with other skincare products as certain skincare products should not be used together.


My 3 Tried & True Products From The Ordinary:

A picture of three of The Ordinary's products


1. The Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% - If you've talked skincare with me then you know I love this serum. I credit this serum with being the main contributor in clearing my skin when it got plagued with hormonal acne last year. It helps to decongest pores, improve skin texture, and balance sebum activity. I use this serum morning and night before moisturizing. I apply it directly to my T-zone and to any breakouts I may currently have. 

DisclaimerThis serum should not be used in the same routine as Vitamin C or on dry patches as it can cause irritation and redness. 

2.The AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution - I use this product to exfoliate my skin and help fade the scars that my hormonal acne left on my face. If you're looking for an intense exfoliator, then this is the product for you. It helps to remove dead skin cells, decongest pores, improve skin texture, and fine lines. This product is meant to be used once a week and I personally like to use this peel at night. Anytime I leave my house after using this product that week, I make sure to apply sunscreen as new skin is exposed due to exfoliation.

3. The Caffeine Solution 5% + EEG  - I haven't had a product specifically for my eyes in a while, so I picked up this eye serum. I apply it as directed both morning and night. It helps with dark circles and puffiness. 


   The Ordinary products can be purchased at Deciem.com, Ulta.com, or at your local Ulta Beauty store. If you have any favorites from The Ordinary, I'd love to hear about them.

Love, 

             Des.


Post a Comment

Instagram

Muted Muse Mag. Theme by STS.