KENDALL by KKW FRAGRANCE: Olive Scent Review | Muted Muse Mag

   I prefer floral-woody notes in my perfumes, and while I browsed the KKW Fragrance website, I kept my fragrance personality in mind. The two fragrances that fit my fragrance personality and caught my attention were the KKW X KRIS fragrance (you can read my review here: KKW X KRIS Review) and Olive, which is a part of Kendall Jenner's collaboration with KKW Fragrance and is inspired by Kendall's love for the outdoors.


Design:


   The appearance of a fragrance's bottle is one of its first impressions for me, and I love the design of this bottle. Just one look at the bottle's design and its shape reflects Kendall Jenner's passion for horseback riding. The acrylic cap has the initials KKW displayed on top and the saddle-shaped body with the gold pump accent is just stunning. I love how you can see the fragrance through the bottle, and how the hue of the fragrance complements the name of the scent, Olive.



Scent description:

     Olive is a unisex fragrance and it has a musky, aromatic scent. It's not too subtle or overpowering, I find it to be right in-between. When you first spray Olive, it starts off as a refreshing, dewy, and earthy scent. As the middle notes kick in you begin to get a true sense of the fragrance. Gradually as it dries down and the base notes begin to set in, the scent intensifies and you get a warm-woody, sweet, clean scent. Olive is a unique fragrance and it has become one of my favorite fragrances in my collection.

Two photographs of the Kendall by KKW Fragrance perfume bottles in the scent Olive


Scent strength:

    As far as strength, there seems to be mixed reviews about the strength of the fragrance, with some people stating that it lasts all day, while others say the opposite. In my experience the scent is most intense when first applied. As I wear it throughout the day, it starts to calm down leaning more on the subtle side but it doesn't disappear completely. In fact, the fragrance is still very much present on my clothing the following day. Fresh, light and delicate, with a subtle, long lasting scent is actually what Kendall Jenner stated she had envisioned for her collection. In my experience, the fragrance lived up to that expectation because it is exactly that.

    

   Olive retails for $40 and can be purchased in store at Ulta Beauty or online at KKWFragrance.com. What's your favorite KKW Fragrance(s)?  I would love to hear about them. 

Love, 

              Des.

Post a Comment

Instagram

Muted Muse Mag. Theme by STS.