KKW Fragrance X KRIS Collaboration Review | Muted Muse Mag

    A lot of times celebrities slap their name on a product and have little to no involvement in the development of the product itself. That's not the case with Kim Kardashian, she is very involved and her fragrances are personally designed by her. Considering her celebrity status, and the fact that she puts so much thought into the design and quality of her fragrance line, one can assume that her fragrances would be on the pricier side. That said, I was genuinely surprised to see that most of the fragrances including the KKW X KRIS fragrance, retail for $40. All the fragrances that are selling for $40 contain 30mL of product. Fragrances ranging from 75mL to 100mL are going for $60. 

Design:


    One look at the KKW X KRIS bottle and I was sold. I mean look at it! If it doesn’t smell good, then at least it doubles as décor. Kim Kardashian stated that the design of the bottle was inspired by the neutral color palette inside of her home; she went on to say that it'll look beautiful in any bathroom or vanity and she's absolutely right.  


A photograph of the KRIS X KKW Fragrance perfume bottle


Scent description:


   Even though the bottle alone enthralled me, it needed to pass the smell check. My favorite kinds of fragrances have a floral-woody scent with notes of vetiver and patchouli. I kept this in mind when reading the details of this fragrance on KKW's Fragrance website and I was happy to see that those notes were present. 

    The KKW X KRIS fragrance has a very familiar scent. When I was younger I use to play with my mom's loose face powder and that powder had this big, fancy, powder puff. Applying my mom's powder with that big, fancy puff, as well as the scent that the powder had, made me feel fancy. The KKW X KRIS fragrance is reminiscent of my mom's 90's loose face powder, this fragrance also reminds me of Pink Lotion. If your mom ever styled your hair with Pink Lotion growing up, when you wear this fragrance your olfactory sense will travel back in time. Aside from having a fancy, familiar scent, the fragrance has notes of freesia, jasmine, amber, and more, all which contribute to its luxurious, fresh-floral, vintage scent. 



A photograph of the KRIS X KKW Fragrance perfume bottle

Scent strength:


    Ok, so the shape of the bottle is uniquely beautiful with its etched design in the center and the scent of the fragrance passed the smell check; now lets talk strength. The strength of a fragrance comes down to how concentrated it is. Being that this fragrance is an eau de parfum, it should have a decent concentration of oils which should help the fragrance last anywhere between 4-6 hours. When I wear the fragrance I find that it is the most potent the first few hours, after a while the potency lessens but you can definitely still smell it. KKW X KRIS is one of those fragrances that can be smelled on clothing even on the following day.


    The KKW X KRIS fragrance can be purchased in store at Ulta Beauty or online at KKWFragrance.com. I've also reviewed Olive which is a part of Kendall Jenner's collaboration with KKW Fragrance (check it out here: KENDALL by KKW FRAGRANCE: Olive Scent Review). 

    If you have any KKW Fragrance favorites, send them my way. I'd love to hear about them. 

Love, 
                Des.

Post a Comment

Instagram

Muted Muse Mag. Theme by STS.